Sunday, April 11, 2010

My dad nags me about getting a summer job every day

My dad has been nagging me every day since about February to find a summer job, because he doesn't want me ''sitting in the basement all summer''. I've already applied to pretty much every place I can find that I would be qualified for. I don't think he understands that we are in the second great depression here and none of my friends or any of my sister's friends can find jobs either.

As of last night he has started saying that if I can't find a job then I should start looking at volunteer opportunities. Yeah, because working at a soup kitchen will be such a better use of my time and employers will care so much about that on a resume.

WHAT SHOULD I DO THIS SUMMER? Not necessarily jobs even, I just need something to do.

Some of my ideas:
- Start working out %26 running for hours each day and get totally ripped
- Learn a musical instrument
- Try to get famous on Youtube, etc
- Someone has offered to fly me to England to free for 2 weeks but I am afraid of flying
- Start a business but I have no ideas
- ???My dad nags me about getting a summer job every day
Fast food... There you go. My dad nags me about getting a summer job every day
Perhaps join a summer sports league? Don't know if you like sports, but that would be something I would do. Volleyball for the win!
Start work out if you don't get a job...
I think exercising would be best from your list. I wouldn't take a trip to England, because, personally, the country isn't very interesting.
[QUOTE=''WhiteSnake5000'']Fast food... There you go. [/QUOTE]

Even though that's my last possible choice in the world, I applied and haven't heard back.[QUOTE=''yokofox33'']Perhaps join a summer sports league? Don't know if you like sports, but that would be something I would do. Volleyball for the win![/QUOTE]

I don't like most team sports, but I have been considering maybe martial arts or tai chi or something. I don't know how dumb I would look being 22 starting at the lowest possible level, I hope they have adult cl as ses and don't put you with the 6 year olds.
[QUOTE=''horgen123'']Start work out if you don't get a job...[/QUOTE] Wait......what? You mean Working out as going to the gym and stuff:P?EDIT:I obviously didn't read his post:P
Start a drug addiction.
obviously you should accept that ticket to england! dont be such a wuzz. flying is fun!



if not, then i suggest you start working out :D
[QUOTE=''MachoBuzzzy''][QUOTE=''horgen123'']Start work out if you don't get a job...[/QUOTE]

Wait......what?

You mean Working out as going to the gym and stuff:P?[/QUOTE]

Yup. The pointless work of lifting weights and then put them back. :P
Ohhh,Accept that offer to fly to Britain nao:x:o
???=get a job ya bum which you should do :P
Cities and school districts always need crews in the summer to clean up and the like...I worked for a school district as a janitor a few summers ago and I ended up really enjoying it, it was rewarding. I'm glad I never have to do it again...But it was time well spent.
[QUOTE=''spazzx625'']Cities and school districts always need crews in the summer to clean up and the like...I worked for a school district as a janitor a few summers ago and I ended up really enjoying it, it was rewarding. I'm glad I never have to do it again...But it was time well spent.[/QUOTE]

No offense,but i don't think i could waste my summer on school:P
[QUOTE=''MachoBuzzzy''][QUOTE=''spazzx625'']Cities and school districts always need crews in the summer to clean up and the like...I worked for a school district as a janitor a few summers ago and I ended up really enjoying it, it was rewarding. I'm glad I never have to do it again...But it was time well spent.[/QUOTE]

No offense,but i don't think i could waste my summer on school:P[/QUOTE]

It was an elementary school...The elementary school I went to, actually...

It's not like I was attending class, I was prepping for the school year.
Freaking tell me about it :roll: so annoying... I've sent my CV around yet its still a constant levvy of moaning.
[QUOTE=''Yarcofin'']As of last night he has started saying that if I can't find a job then I should start looking at volunteer opportunities. Yeah, because working at a soup kitchen will be such a better use of my time and employers will care so much about that on a resume.[/QUOTE] Huh? Volunteer work looks great on a resume. :?
[QUOTE=''clembo1990'']Freaking tell me about it :roll: so annoying... I've sent my CV around yet its still a constant levvy of moaning.[/QUOTE]



Over a two year period I sent over 50 CVs to different places that were actively looking for new staff. I was only called back for an interview twice. They were both at the same place. I didn't get either.
[QUOTE=''PBSnipes''][QUOTE=''Yarcofin'']As of last night he has started saying that if I can't find a job then I should start looking at volunteer opportunities. Yeah, because working at a soup kitchen will be such a better use of my time and employers will care so much about that on a resume.[/QUOTE] Huh? Volunteer work looks great on a resume. :?[/QUOTE]

Supposedly. But that's hardly an altruistic motive for helping the poor.
[QUOTE=''clembo1990''][QUOTE=''PBSnipes''][QUOTE=''Yarcofin'']As of last night he has started saying that if I can't find a job then I should start looking at volunteer opportunities. Yeah, because working at a soup kitchen will be such a better use of my time and employers will care so much about that on a resume.[/QUOTE] Huh? Volunteer work looks great on a resume. :?[/QUOTE]

Supposedly. But that's hardly an altruistic motive for helping the poor.[/QUOTE] Agreed, but by the ''Yeah, because working at a soup kitchen will be such a better use of my time'' part in the OP, I assume he wouldn't in it for the warm fuzzy feeling. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment