Thursday, April 15, 2010

Has anyone here taken a basic computer programming course?

I plan to take the class at our college, but its a 16 week course taken down into 4 weeks worth of work, I've done this before with two other classes at the same time but wanted to know is the basic part even hard? thanksHas anyone here taken a basic computer programming course?
It's extremely easy. I know a lot about computers, though. I plan on majoring in computer programming or networking.Has anyone here taken a basic computer programming course?
What exactly does the class entail?
I took an intro to C++ class several years ago. It was really easy but concentrated on creating flowcharts more than programming.
Yes, I've taken it and quite enjoyed it. It's a different kind of logic then what most people usually use though. For some it's really easy and strait forward while others have a lot of trouble with it. It really depends on how your mind works.
No. But I really wish I had :(
Here is the course description taken off the course catalog

The history of computing, basic computer operation, the notion of an algorithm, variable definitions, expressions, input/output, branches, loops, functions, parameters, selection, iterative techniques, arrays, strings
Yep, it's easy if you've got a good plan and know what you're capable of, the hard part comes when things don't go to plan and you have to trace your steps back or make a quick work around.
[QUOTE=''SiKh22'']Here is the course description taken off the course catalog

The history of computing, basic computer operation, the notion of an algorithm, variable definitions, expressions, input/output, branches, loops, functions, parameters, selection, iterative techniques, arrays, strings[/QUOTE]

That's pretty basic to be honest, you should be able to do that in a couple of weeks TBH, i found the hard parts were getting databases and SQL to work.
By the description it looks like the class might be using Visual Basic which is okay for starters, I ended up doing a few VB classes and Intro to C and C++. I found most of it boring. I ended up taking some HTML classes and found that to be much more rewarding. Flash was pretty cool to learn.
Yeah and I ended up changing majors. Programming is sadly not for me it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment